SwiftyBeaver Logging Framework is the extensible & lightweight open-source logger for Swift 2.2 and later. It is great for development & release due to its support for many (custom) logging destinations.
SwiftyBeaver Framework is also an important the foundation of the SwiftyBeaver Logging Platform which consists of:
- SwiftyBeaver Framework to create logs in your app during development and release
- SwiftyBeaver Crypto Cloud to store & sync encrypted logs
- SwiftyBeaver Mac App to download, search & analyze the logs sent from you app
Framework Unique Feature Set
- Log to Xcode Console and / or log to a file
- Add custom log destination handlers to log to Loggly, Redis, etc.
- Send your logs with end-to-end AES256 encryption to the SwiftyBeaver Mac App
- Colored output to log file, etc.
- Uses own serial background queues/threads for a great performance
- Log levels which are below the set minimum are not executed for even better release performance
- Increases productivity & saves a lot of time thanks to "Needle in the Haystack" mode
- Easy & convenient configuration
- Use multiple logging destinations & settings, even for the same type
- Already comes with good defaults
- Fully customizable log format
- Mighty filters
- Get started with 2 lines of code
- Simple installation via Carthage, CocoaPods, Swift Package Manager or download
- Very detailed logging (optional):
- time (with microsecond precision)
- level (output in color)
- thread name (if not main thread)
- filename, function & line
- message (can be string or a variable of any type)
- Native support for leading Xcode development plugins
Start logging with just 6 lines of code, follow the installation guide and basic setup mentioned below. And if you have questions: we are always here to help!